This documentation is for the data set for the MonolixSuite 2016R1. It corresponds to typical data set for population modeling application used for Datxplore and Monolix typically. This data set documentation is also valid for previous Monolix versions.
Data set for population modeling
The dataset is a key element for parameter estimation and to summarize experimental data in a file. The purpose of these pages is to present the general structure of a data set, the details for each column type, and provide some examples of some real data set (continuous, discrete, time-to-event, censored, several outputs, …).
The considered data set are dedicated to population modeling application Therefore, columns of this matrix contain (in any order). It contains for each subject measurements, dose regimen, covariates etc … i.e. all the information collected during the trial. These informations are organized by line (i.e. each line contains a piece of information) and each column shall be associated to a column type (there are fifteen different column types which will be described in the other articles) for the software to read the data set. The format should be .txt or .csv. It is very similar and compatible with the structure used by the Nonmem software.
Columns of the data file can contain (in any order)
- The ID of the subjects (can be any string or number, not necessarily ordered), the occasions of this ID.
- The observations of the individual with ID at times, Notice that these observations can be continuous measurements, counts, or events.
- The time of the observations and of the administrations.
- The covariates (continuous or categorical).
- Additional information (censoring, rate, …).
Thus, a data set contains at least IDs, time and some observations.